Thursday, July 22, 2010

This week - Kidless Vacation. Next week? Kid Vacation! (plus video)


Wow. It's over. On Friday, it's over.



The 10 day Kidless Vacation proved to be an amazing time to simply unwind and appreciate.

I did NOTHING in the DIY realm. Nothing. Honestly, I took every morning to sleep in, and let the wind direct me on where to take the rest of the day. If I didn't wanna do something, I just didn't. And if I did, I did.

So what did this gal do all alone for 10 days?

 Remember 'the list?'
rent girlie movies - yes, 5 for 5 days for $5. FUN! I watched one a night.


go for my morning dike walks with my dog and just listen to the gravel crunching - yes, in the leisure sense.


go beachin' - yup!


 go junkin' - one stop. And picked me up one fine purse too!
decorate and build a little - nope, not even close. blogged instead. :)
work for a living - NO!
make a delicious stir fry - surely you jest!! hotdogs and salad, baby!
pray - oh yes.
sing and dance alongside blaring music - sang
pack the travel trailer in case we scurry off for a weekend when kidlet gets back - maybe. :)


snooze on a floaty lounger in my backyard pool - big time yes!

take in live music at a local beach with an iced coffee in hand - was there.. missed the band. :P
read - no, I thought instead
get some cookies (with icing!) to eat while lounging in the sunshine - yes! lemon. :) and cupcakes too!
light up the propane fire pit in the evenings and close my eyes and just rest in the quiet - nah. Waiting for my son with this one.
sleep in - daily!
get up early and get to bed late to make a special day super duper LONG - one day before 9. :)
take naps - yep!


get my hair done-yes yes sassy yes!

get my first pedicure maybe? - eh... forgot. Who can see toes buried in sand anyway?
take deep bubble baths - ohhhh right. I forgot.



go to my fav log cabin pub (I said the P word!!) at a resort for a big fat burger and fries and THIS time own my table, not letting any guy chatters scare me away.  :) - take out. :)

stay in pj's all day while in my creative mode - till 1pm some days.
write deep - only the quiet post
browse retail stores and scoff, "I can make that for FREE!"- only retail I saw was the lounger store. Can't make that. :)

While it was an amazing week, I knew what I was preparing for. I wanted the house and my mind in order for the return of my son whom I missed very much. I just didn't allow myself to go there too often. What would be the point?

 I'm not sure if I've ever shared this, however my alltime favorite destination to take off to is Hawaii. I've been there 5x and would go 5x more in a heartbeat.
Now, let's combine my restful downtime, missing my son, pining for Hawaii and a whole buncha leisure type photos. What would you get?

A new slideshow to the tune of  Ku'uLei, Ku'u ipo by Hapa of course. :) I have no idea what it means, but I think it's about missing a Hawaiian girl. Let's just substitute the girl for my boy and... here you go.




My Kidless Vacation, modern Hawaiian style. :)

Did you notice the end message? My son and I are downplaying our computer time starting Friday, after I pick him up, for about a week. I'll pop in from time to time, however it will be very sporadic. So I hope you'll understand my short absence away for the next little bit, while we prance around doing things we just love to do together. I'll tell you all about it when we tune back in on a more regular basis. :)


SNS is still scheduled for Friday, 7pm pacific. Theme is curb appeal, so bring along all your pretty curb shots!

We're off to make some new memories! Happy summer my friends! We'll be back at'ter before you know it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment