Thursday, July 8, 2010

Laundry on the line and 7 other fun things to post about.



1. I adore line dried laundry.

The fresh air fragrance, the old tyme methodical process behind it, even the downhome look it has.

I recently had some relatives over, and they made mention of the laundry I had flapping in the breeze at the time. I actually rarely give it a thought. It's something I just do. I have a dryer, but I just prefer this.


I cannot WAIT to hug and sniff my son's shoulder once he puts one of these on. :)

Not only do I love the topic and could tell you story after story from my childhood about all things laundry, (trust me, I could dredge up a story out of a rock in a ditch if you so please) I really have another point to make in this post. Actually make that EIGHT.


2. My son is going to TH camp!

All these awesome clothes are new as of today. My son is going to the amazing Tim Horton's camp next week for 10 whole days! (I'll tell you more about THAT next week!)  And the packing process entailed clothes and lots of them.

3. Amazing wardrobe for a song!

 And since my son was down to the (dirty) ones he was wearing on his back, we hit the thrifts. A whole wardrobe for $75. Not bad!


 4. Hanging laundry is pretty!

Such a pretty colourful banner these clothes make, don't you think? I left this picture file super big so if you click on it, it'll fill your screen silly. I love this view.

5. It's HOT out.

Just curious.. have you noticed I'm sitting in the shade? We have a little bit of a heat wave going on right now and we in the Soggy Wet Coast aren't yet climatized to all this sweating. So here I sit. Watching clothes dry. (it's too hot to watch paint dry)

Know what I should be doing?


6. I'm procrastinating.

Can you guess now?

I may be finally convinced that it's now time to yank this plastic smurf city into place once again. Maybe. I know. I should. But it's so stinkin' hot!


Button nag... oh kay OKAY!!! 

Anyone else into a 1 week challenge? Can you get something done within a week before the GD2 link closes? Come ON. I hate doing stuff I hate doing alone.


7. The GD 1 WEEK CHALLENGE!

I hereby announce this is a 1 WEEK GD CHALLENGE. Yeah, big 'ol rule change because I need enticement too.

Besides, I can't pack yet. The clothes are still wet. Yeah. I got some time. Wait.. maybe I'll just go and check to see if the clothes are dry, leaving me no time at all for the pool... oh deary me.


8. Ignore my whines and go check out a good deal on something cute.


On a less procrastinating note, I have a little something to share and an offer you can't refuse over at the Sponsor Store.  Good till Monday. If you like pretty things, this is for you. :)


 Click HERE for some pretty poppin' madness coming your way! And for a song!

Now what was this post about again? Oh yeah. 

Do you line dry your laundry every chance you get too? And is it hot your way? And do you have a project you could whip up in a week? And do you deserve something pretty that you too are denying yourself?


No comments:

Post a Comment