Saturday, July 24, 2010

This Week's Ideabook On Houzz: 12 Creative Ways To Decorate With Message Boards

If you've read any of my posts this week you know I've been in the process of building two message boards for my house, one for the kitchen and one for Isabella and Max's bathroom. Working on these boards inspired me to see what creative message board ideas I could find on Houzz! From chalkboards and unique surfaces painted with chalkboard paint, to cork boards and fabric covered message boards, the selection of message boards I found bring both style and function into the rooms they are placed.

Home Office Inspiration traditional home office

I simply adore this image! The pale turquoise cabinetry is happiness, really, and what I love best is the large cork board framed in millwork painted the identical color. Hanging the board at same height as the top of the cabinetry was a choice that makes the message board look like an extension of the cabinetry. What a functional addition to a delightful home office and studio placed at the end of a room. I could go on, the light fixture, the windows...but this Ideabook is about message boards. Shoot.

inspiration board dining room contemporary dining room

A large inspiration/message board placed alongside a dining room table not only adds visual interest with its color and pattern, but what a great conversation piece. I can just image joining a dinner party at this table and quizzing the owners about the bits and pieces pinned to the board. Also note the light fixture attached to the board, extending over the table...very cool.

Custom Home office contemporary home office

If I could pick one room featured in this Ideabook for my home, this would be it. What an outstanding space for a family with children. This space offers ample storage, plenty of seating and lighting along with a view to the outdoors. But the item that makes the space? One very large message board covering an entire wall. It is the perfect spot to hang artwork, school work, notes, invitations and inspirations!

To read the entire Houzz Ideabook click here. Enjoy your weekend! Janell

All images from Houzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment