Monday, May 10, 2010

Overscale Photos~

I've been enamoured with this room since I first spied it on Ohdeedoh a few months back. And if I had to be completely honest, the thing that makes this room for me is the uber-fabulous wallpaper. I adore overscale photographs.

Via Ohdeedoh


So when I ended up with a big empty wall in my little boys' sock monkey bedroom, I decided that I wanted to fill it with an overscale photo. I have the perfect black and white photo of the hubby as a child on horseback. (I'll share later I promise.)

via Holly Mathis Interiors

Since we live in a rental, I obviously can't choose the wallpaper option, so I'm leaning toward a large stretched canvas like the one above. But here's the thing. Stretched canvases in that size are quite pricey (even with the pro-photographer's discount we can get at our processor).

So I just wanted to throw a couple of questions out there to you all in blogland...

First, what do you all think of overscale photos in decor?

And second, does anyone know any alternatives to stretched canvas...I don't know, perhaps advertising banner type prints? Just checking out the alternatives before I make my final decision.

Happy Monday~

No comments:

Post a Comment