Sunday, May 30, 2010

Creative Inspiration Challenge 35

Happy happy weekend!

The weather had been springlike...well, what do you expect, it's spring here!...LOL. We've had a mixture of rain and sun. My seeds are happy--I've got beet, radish and squash seeds sprouting!!!

I was given the opportunity to be a Guest DT...woo hoo...for a couple of weeks at the Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog, for the current challenge and the next one. The theme for this challenge is stitching, real or faux--and I did both! Here is my guest DT card.


This adorable image is Magnolia's Tilda with the Spring Bundle. For a more 3-D look, I've cut her out and then mounted her on some foam tape/dimensionals. I had to cut her spring flowers as a bundle, because there is no way was I going to even attempt cutting the stems individually...LOL. The butterflies are a late addition..ahem..the picture of the card at CIC actually doesn't have them.

I love this colour combo of blue and brown, one of my favorites. I am using this card as my entry to the Fun with Shapes and More Challenge # 55 - My favorite colours.

Another challenge: Passion for Promarkers - Week 53 - Anything Goes. And it's also their anniversary week. Congrats ladies!

And another challenge: Stamping for the Weekend - Challenge 39 - Post Pals, card/project to make someone smile or cheer them up!

And since I have butterflies on my card, this goes into the Flutter By Wednesday's Challenge 111 - anything goes, the challenge is open.
I've decorated the inside of my card in my usual way--that is if it's not an easel card...or a side-step card...or a tri-shutter card...or... Well, you know what I mean.


Enjoy you weekend! I hope the weather turns out fine wherever you are. Thanks for dropping by.


Stamp: Magnolia Tilda with Spring Bundle and Longing Tilda.
DP's: The Paper Loft Trellis and Hankie.
Tools used: Spellbinders Nestabilities Scallops, Ovals and Peoni.
EK Success flower punch, flower punches from Michaels $1.50 bin, McGill twig punch, Martha Stewart butterfly punch.
Misc.: Queen & Co. pearls, Kaiser Craft Pearls, Michaels rhinestones, distressing done with Tim Holtz vintage photo ink pad.

No comments:

Post a Comment