Saturday, May 29, 2010

Friendship and Happiness


I made this card for a friend and decided to enter it in the JUGS challenge.  Alicia is the hostess this week and her challenge is to include dry embossing on your card.   You can do this however you choose....with an embossing folder, light table.....only requirement is that your project has dry embossing on it somewhere.

The background on my card was embossed using the Sizzix Finial Press embossing folder.   For the center design, the bottom aqua piece was cut with the Nestie's Label One.  For the next level up I stamped one of the borders from the JustRite "Friendship Set" and cut it out with a Nestie's Petite scalloped circle.  Another Nestie circle was layered on top.  Each layer is attached with dimensional tape.  A Prima flower was added in the center. 

A ribbon was taped along the left side of the card.  Flowers that I purchased from Joan's Gardens were added along the ribbon with glue dots.  I curled the wire stem that was on each rose for added dimension.  The verse is from PTI and was cut out with a Nestie and each scallop pierced.  Pearls were added to complete the card.

This was not a hard card for me to complete because I love to add dry embossing to most every card I make.  Hope you like it.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment