Friday, May 28, 2010

Inspiration & Friendships In Blogland - My Uncommon Slice Of Suburbia

Today I am featuring Kristin of My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia. (And to make things fun, she is featuring me today on her blog!) I first "met" Kristin when I received an email from her asking about the work I had done on my kitchen. She had seen it posted on Rate My Space and from there found my blog. Apparently before she even really knew what a blog was...well that has all changed. Not only does she now write a wonderful blog, but just look at what she has done with her kitchen!




Yes, as hard as it may seem, the picture below is the "before" of this gorgeous kitchen.


The decision to extend the crown molding effectively elevated the look of the cabinetry, and as a result, the entire space.





I certainly got a laugh when I saw this photo! It shows her kitchen in its painful "during" stage.


And look, that image has a twin! This is a photo of my kitchen showcasing it's painful "during" stage.


But it is worth the inconvenience. Here is Kristin's completed kitchen, open shelving adds charming character...


while the painted island adds drama. To see this island transformation, click here.


Looking at these before and afters, it is remarkable that the existing cabinetry was used in this kitchen renovation.


Kristin's work is an excellent example of how you don't have to do a gut renovation to have a remarkable outcome. With creativity, a lot of hard work and the ability to visualize where you want to go, you can create the house that you want. Below is another example of her ability to use what is in place and make it beautiful, this time in a hall bathroom.


To see all the projects that pulled this bathroom out of the past, click here.


And finally, here is a welcoming guest bedroom. The colors of the bathroom are repeated but with the addition of black, giving the room a sophisticated look. I think any guest would feel welcome here!



To see more of Kristin's home visit her blog, and make sure to look at the beautiful work done in the family room. The fireplace is gorgeous!

Getting to "meet" Kristin and so many other wonderful bloggers (as well as many of you who follow my blog, leave comments and send emails) has been the best part of writing a blog, one that I could not have anticipated. I am constantly inspired by all the ideas and creativity I see, and follow as many blogs as I possibly can each day...and still have any time to get work done!

No comments:

Post a Comment