Friday, May 21, 2010

SNS #31 brings you - ladders!

I need your opinions please. Are the photos super washed out on your monitor? Computer issues here today. :(


Intro

Welcome to Saturday Nite Special #31!

If you're new here, join in! There are now three categories to link to. Home Decor as well as Crafts, Sewing, Recipes, plus the themed link! Check below for this weekend's theme.

Party starts Fri night and ends Sunday 11pm pacific, so you have all weekend to join!

I LOVE to highlight inspiring posts during the event on the sidebar, so make sure you check in several times over the weekend. You may be next. :)


~ This weekend's theme ~
ladders

For some reason, I ADORE ladders. I think it's their super simple lines. They are whimsically rustic, can be any finish you desire, and they take up virtually no space at all!


Why, here's a little creation I whipped up today in fact! I call it the room divider picket fence side table lamp ladder. Yup! You saw it here first. :)



It's nothing more than a wooden step ladder utilizing boards cut and painted out to look like pickets. Nothing is nailed in place.



Oh, it's such a great place to stash rustic accessories! I haven't had much time to play but maybe one shelf will hold books. I need a place for books.



And the coolest feature is this old something or other galvanized light I mounted from the top. Isn't this crazy?!?



And I should mention, it's double sided. :) I love it because not only does it house a light, you can see right through it with no light obstruction. Yup! I like my funky side table ladder thing. :)



Here's a ladder I snazzied up today too. This one's in my bedroom.



A ladder here is such a great place to display utilizing height, rather than typical shelves or just nailing stuff to a wall.


This corner is right at home for these pretty things in my bedroom.


Here's another I have grouped with an old barn gate in the living room. I like the smattering of bringing up abit of white. It ties in really well with the old gate shutters on the picture windows.

So, what have you done with a ladder lately? Link your post up below in the themed category!

Next week's themed linkup is ...
~ junk ~

Got a piece of junk that you turned into something magical? And by junk I truly mean, something you never thought in a million years you could save. I wanna see a real piece that was destined for the burn pile. Bring it along next weekend, or, get busy already. :)

What would you like for a theme?

I'd love your opinion. If you have a special request for a themed linkup, please share in comments! I'll choose one of your ideas for the following weekend after next!

~ SNS blah blah linkup rules ~

1. Please link up your intended post, NOT your blog homepage url. (post, then click the title of your post, cut and paste that url)

2. Please put a link in your post that leads back to the party so others can see what's up! (scroll button on sidebar if you wish)

 3. This party is geared for DIY type projects we can all attempt to make ourselves. Items for sale may be linked up IF your entry is posted on your blog and in tutorial style (unless making the item is self explanatory).

5. For Home Decor and Crafts, Sewing, Cooking, please link projects up that are new to SNS and within 1 month old. The 3rd weekly themed link may have older posts and not brand new to SNS.

If you can't decide which category to enter yours in, please just pick ONE and go with it. It's all good!

Happy ladder weekend.  :)






No comments:

Post a Comment