Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A few things~

Did any of you see the feature in Elle Decor on Meg Ryan's beach cottage at Martha's Vineyard? I was completely infatuated with both the house itself, and with the actress' pared down design philosophy.



In her own words, "The whole idea is to keep things as simple as possible; I like everything pared down to its purest form."




I crave natural light in my home, and apparently, Meg is the same way....here's what she says about the light in here home...

"It’s absolutely beautiful, just operatic—how the sun rises and sets, and then the moon comes up and goes down. I’m so infatuated with it that I don’t have anything on the walls except for a couple of maps."



A woman after my own heart...Meg says she never stops looking for inspiration, “I do nothing but rip pages out of magazines. One idea leads to the next.” Amazing how that works.

All photos from Elle Decor


To see the whole article, go here.


Next up....
Jenna of qa designs...the creative genius behind my new blog design...is having a fun giveaway at her cooking blog (yeah, she can cook too!)...for some vinyl chalkboards. Head over here to enter.


And finally, I've lowered the price of advertising/sponsorship spots on The Shabby Nest for the summer! Ads are now only $35/month or $90 for 3 months! That's a lot of advertising bang for your buck! If you're interested drop me an email!! (For more information on advertising at the Shabby Nest click
here.)


Can't wait for tomorrow's Frugal Friday....MckLinky goes up tonight at 12:01 EST!
Have a great day~

No comments:

Post a Comment