Thursday, May 20, 2010

Frugal Friday~

It's that time again!! Time for this week's edition of Frugal Friday at the Shabby Nest! Woot woot!

Today, I have another little "art on the cheap" project to share with you.

Some of you may remember the art I created for our main bathroom a couple of months ago. I just framed up some pretty fabric.

I still think the fabric is pretty, but I just wasn't feelin' it. I wanted something that was more "me".

BEFORE:



I'd been tossing around the idea of creating some canvases for a while, and had originally considered painting some with a chevron motif, but then I decided that something a little more organic would be better.

So here is what I came up with...




I started by creating a template (which I don't have a photo of). It consisted of the center shape that you see between the thick lines. Then I just traced it onto the canvas (over and over again) putting enough space between each one to create the lines that I then painted.


Here's a view of one of the paintings in-progress.



And here again, is the final project! Loving them!! And the clincher was that I just used some leftover latex paint from my rehabbed console. Perfect!

AFTER




Now it's your turn...

You know "da rules"!

1. Link directly to your post, not just to your blog.
2. Please link back to the Shabby Nest so others can enjoy the Frugal Goodness.
3. Comment, comment, comment. Show our participants "the love!"









No comments:

Post a Comment