Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Tween Room - Part 3

A couple of Frugal Fridays ago, I shared an art project for Mr. One's Tween room, and told you all it was being printed. Well, I got it in the mail on Friday (from my fabulous Father-In-Law - the art professor extraordinaire who printed it for me!) It looks even better in person.






Now, because it is a custom size, and my budget for the tween room is gone, I couldn't have it custom framed. So, I went and bought one of those standard sized cheapy poster frames. I was worried that it might look...well....cheap...but once I got the print mounted on foam core and framed up, it actually looks great!



I put it above the dresser/bedside table. Which now begs a question of you, my dear readers. I need to redo this dresser and I want your expert opinions...should I just give it a fresh coat of white paint...paint it with chalkboard paint...or give it a coat of dove gray? What say you? Please weigh-in in the comments and let me know what you think.




I also gave the lamp a little pick-me-up by switching out it's gold shade for a simple white one. It looks more modern, and lighter. So I think it will be staying for now.

Well, that's it for today's Tween room update! Don't forget to let me know what you think I should do with that dresser! (pretty please.)


Have a great day~

No comments:

Post a Comment