Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Acrylic Furniture~

Acrylic. Lucite. Whatever you want to call these see-through beauties, I'm enamoured. I believe that even the most traditional home needs a touch of the modern in it. And acrylic furniture can do just that...stunningly. Something about the "sheer" quality of these furniture pieces lends a sort of ethereal sophistication to a space. And I find that very appealing.

I have long admired these Louis-style ghost chairs. They offer traditional lines, in a very contemporary material.

This coffee table is contemporary in form as well, but it is a great alternative if you don't want to visually add weight to a room. I've been admiring Lauren's ever since she got it.


I think this particular chair is amazing! I really love the metal legs. Yesterday, while wandering around IKEA, I noticed that they have an acrylic chair with metal legs for a mere $99. (Trust me, if you look around online for these sorts of chairs, you'll realize that's a steal.) I got so excited when I saw it...but couldn't quite convince the hubby that we needed one. I'm still plotting planning where I can fit one in our house...and I will convince him...oh yes, I will.

I just thought this last one was pretty...I love the addition of the seat cushion. Very unexpected.


Have a lovely Tuesday~

No comments:

Post a Comment