Saturday, May 22, 2010

Isabella & Max Design Work - Sneak Peek

In addition to transforming rooms in my own home and writing about those projects on this blog, Isabella & Max Rooms, I also run a design business, Isabella & Max, LLC. I have enjoyed working with some great clients over the past several years, and am excited to show you a sneak peek of a project I worked on recently.

The focus of my work for this client was to redesign the fireplace and built-ins and develop a furniture layout for a challenging space, making sure to include the the husband's well loved leather wingback chair.


Citrine Imperial Trellis drapes create a wonderful contrast against the Amazing Gray walls.


In this room you'll find a successful mix of "High" and "Low". Included are a HomeGoods rug and mantel urns, a vintage painting, beautiful Imperial Trellis pillows and Jonathan Adler pottery sitting alongside a pair of deer found at Goodwill, with a little Target and West Elm thrown in.


The husband was finally convinced that painting the woodwork on the fireplace and built-ins was a great idea. They were covered with the same color that was used on the walls, Amazing Gray. I'll show the before photos when I post the house tour, the difference is striking.


I cannot wait to show you the areas adjacent to this family room. The kitchen and nook, mud room and dining room...rooms that the client worked on herself with absolutely stunning results. When you see these rooms you will not be surprised to learn she has begun taking on her own clients! Here is a lovely message I recently received...

"Thanks again for your inspiration and help, Janell. You helped me realize that I can stop doubting my eye just because I haven't taken specific college courses on design."

You'd love to see more, right?! I have a house tour coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment