Thursday, May 13, 2010

Paint Colors For The Cabinet & A Few Chicago Photos

To jump start the painting of the cabinet, I picked up two cans of Sherwin Williams ProClassic paint yesterday. This formula will cure to a harder and more durable finish than a typical latex paint...according to my friends at the local Sherwin Williams store.


For the base color I chose SW 7026 Griffin, the color of the walls in the office. Over this base I'll paint a layer of SW 7044 Amazing Gray. It's a warm muted color that will look great with the other colors in the room, plus it is a color I've been wanting to use for awhile! Afterwards I'll sand some of the top layer of paint away to expose the darker color, or at least that is the plan.



Also, thanks for all the tips you offered me after yesterday's post...I now feel ready to get started giving the cabinet a worn look.

In the meantime, here are some photos from my trip to Chicago this past weekend. It was a gray and blustery weekend, certainly more like fall than spring!


High up in the sky, a great city view from our hotel room.


A visit to the Art Institute was a must. I received my BFA and later my degree in Fashion Design from The School of The Art Institute of Chicago. What a great school, and at that time the classrooms were housed in the same building as the museum. It was quite the experience to have such frequent exposure to a great collection of art!


An interesting sculpture in Millennium Park. It was intriguing how the skyscrapers lining the adjacent Michigan Avenue were reflected and distorted on its surface.




And a walk past the Chicago Tribune building is always a must when visiting Chicago. I met my husband fifteen years ago this past Tuesday, and the Tribune played a big roll in our meeting. He decided he just had to meet me after reading an article on my business in a Sunday edition of this paper, and he obviously found a way! I'll share that crazy story someday...


And then to the Wedding, the reason for the weekend visit to Chicago. As you can see, after much angst, I ordered the Kate Spade Jillian Dress to wear. It arrived just in time, the night before I left for Chicago. Then luckily, due to the great customer service at Nordstroms, I was able to get it altered in Chicago, when at the last minute I decided it needed just a little adjusting! Now if only I can find another event to wear it to.



The wedding was so much fun, lots of dancing until the late hours, and isn't the bride gorgeous? I find it hard to believe I met her when she was merely three! I was her nanny while I returned to school to study fashion design. Her family became my Chicago family and helping raise her proved to be a very special time in my life. I've missed them all and it was great to be back to help celebrate this special moment! I hope to get back soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment