Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tray Happiness!

The tray below looks done, and it nearly is! There are just two quick steps left to show you...


To give the surface a little more dimension, a quick wash of diluted Amazing Gray paint was brushed over the entire tray.





The result is subtle. You can clearly see the effect in person, but it is much less noticeable in these photos. I promise, I'm not making up steps for the sake of making up steps!



The last step was to brush on a layer of Minwax Polycrylic Protective Finish in clear satin.


I never enjoy this step. Why is it every particle of dust suddenly needs to fly over to where I am working? I had to stop, a lot, during this step to wipe away dozens of little flecks before they became a permanent part of the design. I think using the spray version of this product would help minimize this issue, but I feel that method gives you less control on coverage.

After drying, the finished tray...



Roscoe always follows me around as I work on projects with a questioning look, I often have to shoo him away so he is not in every photo! If he could talk...I probably wouldn't want to know his thoughts.


I am thrilled the finished result and this Wedding Gift Tray will soon be on its way to the newlyweds, wrapped in some beautiful paper. How about this gift wrap from Smock Paper? How chic it would be to coordinate the paper to the colors and design of the gift!


No comments:

Post a Comment