Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Punched Daisy







Punch and dies used for flower

 I have two requests to explain how I made the punched daisy card I posted here.  I thought I would just post a similar card and answer questions from my readers.  One of the questions was what did I use for the small white squares.  It is a Cuttlebug die that I bought when the Cuttlebug first came out.  I don't know if they still sell it.  After cutting out the squares I embossed them with the Cuttlebug Dotted Swiss embossing folder. 

The second person asked which punch I used for the petals of the flower.  It is the smallest of the SU oval punches. I would have used a Nestie but they are not small enough for the size flower I wanted.    I cut out a small "v" shape in the end of each petal and sponged the petals with a darker ink using sponge daubers.  The petals are layered onto the center of the flower.  The center of the flower was cut with a small scalloped oval die from Nestabilities.  In order to make the center look like it had seeds, I used a stylist to emboss a lot of dots on one end. The flower is attached with a glue dot and the leaves tucked under using a little adhesive. 

I hope this info helps.  Thanks for stopping by.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment