Tuesday, May 18, 2010

An Old Scoop Becomes...


When I hauled the cabinet home from my parents house, I was very excited to find a scoop in one of its bins. How cool is this? I knew I had to use it in the Home Office Redesign, somewhere.


After the chalkboard wall was painted I brought in a plastic food container to hold the chalk. Really attractive, right? I made a mental note to find a better looking alternative.


Then it came to me this past weekend. The scoop! What a great holder it would make for the chalk, plus it would look wonderful sitting on top of the cabinet.


A couple of these little pads were attached to the underside of the scoop. Not only do they prevent the stained wood from getting scratched, the surface of the scoop isn't exactly smooth, but they also prevent the scoop from tipping over, spilling out the chalk.




The texture on the scoop is just amazing. I love how it visually highlights and relates back to the texture on the wall behind it.



I'm feeling pretty pleased such a useful purpose was found for the scoop. I can't wait to show this to my Dad. (This cabinet originally sat in his father's woodshop.) I think he'll really enjoy seeing this little gesture!

No comments:

Post a Comment