Monday, May 10, 2010

Home Office Redesign - Time To Finish This Room!


Now that the Big Boy's Bedroom is complete, I can get back to finishing the Home Office Redesign!



Instead of hearing, "Why are you so good to me?" I am now hearing, "When is my office going to be done?" I know, I know, I got sidetracked...


While the cabinet was at Houk's, getting the lead paint stripped, I figured I had some time and jumped into designing Max's room.


But the cabinet has long since returned and is sitting in the garage waiting. So now this is the next project: sand off the rough edges and decide how to refinish it. Paint or stain?


As the cabinet has a large surface that pulls out at the front, it's a perfect spot to set a computer and pull up a chair. This leads to the final project for the home office, refinishing the frame of this chair. I've begun sanding off the orange colored stain and a beautiful walnut stain will be applied.


Adding these last pieces will pull all the elements of the room together. Do you remember this chair, to which nail head trim was added?


And these drapes, with their tutorial?


And these shelves?


It's been awhile...I'm going to enjoy getting back to this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment