Monday, May 24, 2010

let the sun shine in

This was the view from our back deck yesterday in the early afternoon. Yes, that is snow. And yes, the last time I checked, the calendar said that it is the end of May. When I woke up yesterday morning to heavy, wet snow falling outside, I must admit, it weighed me down a little. Where is spring in these parts?




But then I looked at my kitchen table, and my mood lightened considerably.

Why?

One word...

Flowers.



Every couple of weeks, I grab myself a bunch of the $5 flowers at my local Wally world. Since their selection varies from week to week, I just grab whatever catches my eye.


This week it is this pretty bunch of yellow sunshine...indoor sunshine. They remind me of a Van Gogh painting.




Studies have proven that fresh flowers in the home can actually alleviate depression. And I figure $5 every couple of weeks is a worthy investment in my mental health.

and so is a little Ghirardelli chocolate. ;-)


Have a fabulous day (go buy yourself some flowers)~

No comments:

Post a Comment