Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Baby Card in a Box (Gift Box)

Hello! Happy midweek!

I have made something different than just a card this time.

I found this scrapbooking book at our library--don't you just libraries?…all those free books to look through. It's titled "Outstanding Mini Albums: 50 Ideas For Creating Mini Scrapbooks" by Jessica Acs. One of her projects is this box that she had made and turned into sort of a mini scrapbook. Inside the box, she had made pockets for the 4 sides and you can slip your photos inside the pockets. It's a really neat idea! I took her project and made my own version of a card-in-a-box. Not sure what Jessica’s dimensions are, but I had to make the sides of my box large enough to accommodate the In2stamps images which are between 3 – 4 inches. So the box is a 4-inch cube, made out of a single 12”x12” cardstock.

On the outside, the box looks like this.


And you have your card in the inside when you take off the lid.


I have used three images from the In2stamps Baby Collection. This first one is called Angel Boy.


This second image is called Flower Girl. I confess! I couldn't decide which gender of baby I should make this for.


And this third image is called Caterpillar Kisses.


I could have used another image for the 4th side, but I decided to make this a blank space to write personal messages instead.


You can leave this card simply as a card-in-a-box, but the box is also big enough to double as a gift box. So you can put a little present inside.

To make it easier when closing the box, I used a couple of those fancy paper clips to hold the sides together.


I am using this project to enter a couple of challenges:

Creative Inspirations Challenge 33 - Congratulations
Fun with Shapes and More Challenge 52 - Pastel Inks


Oh, one more thing...I have no idea how you're supposed to mail this out...LOL. I think I would probably make this if I was sure I can hand-deliver it.

Stamps: From In2stamps Baby Collection (which can be purchased from their on-line store here).
Designer Papers: K & Company Garden Medley Stripe Printed Embossed Paper, from Chatterbox Scrapbook Walls Collection: Sky Cottage, Sky Cottage Plaid and Rosey Cottage.
Tools: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Three.



No comments:

Post a Comment