Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Thinking of You

Hello! It's the second Tuesday of the month and it's time for a new challenge at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog.

Woo-hoo...I'm the hostess for this month of May and for this colour challenge I've chosen one of my favorite colour combos: black and white plus one other colour. Here's my DT card.


When I first thought of using this colour scheme, I thought I would probably choose for my other colour either red, pink or purple. Then I bought this DP that the craft store was clearing out--it's part of a Halloween paper collection...heh heh. I like the shade of green and I thought it looks good combined with the black. It's sort of a medium olive green. Hmm...I've thought of a more elegant name for this...chatreuse green--yeah, that sounds better! LOL. The combo is a bit out of the ordinary, but I like trying new stuff.


I've used this Magnolia image called Tilda With Butterfly Jeans from their Butterfly Dreams Collection 2011. It is available from Magnolia-licous on-line store, as well as the other stamps that I've used on this card. For the background, I used Lazy Summer Flowers from the Lazy Summer Days Collection 2009 and the sentiment stamp is Just Sittin' Here Thinking of You.



As with most of my Tildas, I've cut her out and mounted her on pieces of foam tape to give the card a more 3-dimensional look. I've added some stickles to the butterfly on her jeans. I've decorated the underside of the card front with more of the DP and a blank space to write personal messages.


A few challenges that I am entering with this card:

PaperPlay Challenges - Week 18 - Show us your style. My style is using Magnolia Tilda images--my favorite, paper edges distressed with ink, hand-made flowers and easel cards are my favorite type of card.

Allsorts Challenge - Week 101 - Use 3 different stamps. Got that covered--see above.

ABC DT Challenge - April showers bring May flowers.

7 Kids College Fund - Challenge #20 - April showers bring May flowers.

Just Magnolia and hAnglar & sTanglar - Week 105 - Anything goes.

My Mum's Craft Shop - Challenge 4 - Cute & Girly.

Polka Doodles - Week 18 Challenge - Easel Cards

Everybody-Art-Challenge - Challenge #141 - Flowers

Papertake Weekly - Fancy a Punch?


I hope you will join us in our Challenge. The prize is a $25 Gift Certificate from Diana's Magnolia-licious.

And to inspire you, please hop over to the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog and have a look at the fabulous cards and projects of the other DT ladies--really...they are fabulous!





DP's: Cloud 9 Design Witches Brew Luster Eye, DCWV Black & White Splats.

Tools: Marianne Design Creatables, Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles and Classic Scalloped Circles and Grommet Tags, Coluzzle Circle Template, Punch Bunch Daisy punches medium and small, Martha Stewart Daisy Dot Edge punch (used the small flowers for the flower centre) and Rose Leaf punch.

Embellishments: Making Memories brads.

Misc.: Tim Holtz Distress Ink Stamp pads Black Soot and Crushed Olive, Studio G glitter glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment