Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Inspired By A Riot Of Color

One of the highlights of the trip to NYC was having the opportunity to visit the Kravet showroom, and the next day their offices in another part of town.



A riot of color and pattern in a new installation of Lilly Pulitzer at the showroom.


And the fabrics and trim seen at the Kravet offices.


 Not that I needed a push. But I've been craving more color in my home.

You don't even want to know the comments that ensued upon opening this can of paint, over the past weekend. But I figure if I don't get a raised eyebrow or two I'm not pushing myself hard enough. And don't worry, there is more to this plan than meets the eye.

And do you notice the mirror in the corner of the above picture?
That is a project I'll share more about tomorrow.


While I wait for more brass chain to arrive, to hang the fixture in the dining room, I'd thought I do a quick little update to the powder bathroom. This is a room which has not gotten one ounce of attention to date. I've decided to hang some of the artwork I recently acquired, redo the lighting, work with the existing mirror and do something happy and bright with the walls. It's a small space, I think I can get away with it.


I know, I sense you are as worried as my family. But trust me, something good will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment