Thursday, May 12, 2011

I've Been Banned From Future Use of Spray Paint!

Now that the beautiful brass has been revealed after hiding under layers of spray paint primer and matte black for the last two years...I officially banned myself from using any spray paint. (At least until I weigh the consequences for an adequate amount of time to ensure I will not regret my actions!)


After exploring several options to remove the paint, Smart Strip did the job.



The arms and smaller areas required a couple applications, to get all the little stubborn flakes of paint out of the corners and cervices, but all I had to do was wipe on Smart Strip, wait an hour or so, and come back to wipe away with an old towel.


Then I put on one of the brass bobesches I found to dress up and add a little funky character to the strong clean lines of the fixture, to see how they looked now that all the black paint was removed.


Aren't these fabulous!


Yeah, a great match! I hadn't been completely sure the metals would end up being so similar.


Before, prior to the paint being removed.


And after...(these crystals are extras from another chandelier, next I'll need to find the ones I'll be actually using on this fixture.)







And now the light fixture is off to the lamp shop, to get a longer wire installed so it can be hung in our dining room...more slow progress, huh?!

No comments:

Post a Comment