Tuesday, May 24, 2011

OUR latest loves



Did you catch the latest little gem Miss Mustard Seed just scooped up?

Well, I scooped up something ultra cool myself this past weekend!

So what does a collector of fine antiques vs. a junker have in common anyway?

Let's do a little comparison of loves, shall we? Using her quotes and new toy as a guideline.


 MMS quote ~ "They are just so stinkin' cool!  They are not practical, but they look fantastic in photographs, so one has been on my "prop" list for months."

 I was in an antique mall in Frederick, MD, looking for some last minute small things to take to the antique market and...in a soft pool of light...with a harmonic choir singing around her...there she was.  (Not really.)

I raced over to flip the tag, certain the price would start with a three and have two digits after it.  It didn't start with a three...or even a two!

This girl was coming home with me.  I actually reached my hand through the arm, grabbed the center pole and started to wheel her around with me while I continued to shop.

I finally realized I was being a little ridiculous, so I parked her by a ramp that led to the counter.  Suddenly, I got paranoid that a fairly empty antique mall would be flooded with people who wanted my dress form.  I ran back and removed the tag to let everyone else know she was off the market.  It was totally an impulse buy, but it's one of my new favorite things. 


Me ~ These are so stinkin' cool! They are VERY practical and look like crap in photos until I do something with them, but these are always and always will be on my prop list FOREVER.

I was at the curb down the road going for a walk with my son and... in the blinding sunlight... with son whining in background to "LEAVE THE JUNK ALONE ALREADY", there they were. (really)

I raced over to flip them on their side so no one else would take them (I was truckless!) No digits on the tag.  Not even one!

These cuties were coming home with me. I actually reached my hand through both of them and picked them up as if I was going to take them on our walk, but my son yelled again in HORROR.

I finally realized I was being a little ridiculous, so I parked them further up the driveway that led to the house. Suddenly, I got paranoid that the road would be flooded with other walkers with a sawhorse fetish like me. I ran back and frantically ripped off the FREE price tag to let everyone else know they were off the market. It was totally an impulse grab, but they're two of my new favorite things.


 ...and baby's got back. 


 ... and baby's got joins. (and tattoos!)


 ...and in black and white.  You can whistle.  It's OK.  I know she's hot.

 
... and in black and white. You can whistle. It's OK. I know they're hotter than the chilli from Wild Hogs. Right Jenna?!?


Check out the wire cage at the bottom!  Oh, be still my heart!


Check out those endless legs at the bottom! Oh, be still my bucket'a rusty nails!


Gotta love a curvy girl. 

I think I got too much sun this weekend.  


 Gotta love those straight lines.

I didn't get NEARLY enough sun this weekend, darn it! But these two made up for it. Right Jenna?!?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Geez... MMS should write ALL my posts. :)

(No friendship was harmed in the making of this post. I had MMS's full blessing to go forth. :) )

What objects of desire make your heart go pitter patter when you find them?


 fabulously funky video and giveaway still on. :)


up to $75 value!

No comments:

Post a Comment