Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Longing for a Normal Day~

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return."  
                                                                                                     -Mary Jean Iron

I ran across this quote the other day, and rarely has a quote struck me with such intensity.  I feel like I  haven't seen a "normal" day in ages.  A day that is just a day.  A day without worry, or fear, or crisis, or craziness.  I wonder if they even exist.  Of course, wonderful things happen too...and those sorts of "not normal" days I can handle.  But right now, the stress is a little much.


And I apologize to you,  my dear readers, for the lack of fun projects and DIYs on the old blog of late,  but since we are getting ready to move, home projects are obviously on haitus. 

Also, and more importantly, Mr. Two, my 5-year-old has surgery scheduled for tomorrow.  It's outpatient surgery, and fairly typical procedures, but still, when it's your baby that's having surgery, it's nerve-wracking.  I haven't had a good night's sleep in days.  Since we have such a wonderful corner of the blogosphere,  may I ask you to please remember my little guy in your prayers.  I would really appreciate it! 

Thanks and much love!
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment