Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The LONG list of outdoor DIY projects


Yesterday was the first day it hadn't rained in MONTHS. I head outdoors because quite frankly, staying inside while the sun shone wasn't going to happen.

That above photo is part of my birdhouse garden and looks lush and lovely. But believe you me, it's indeed cropped left right and center.


Augh. I haven't even touched this flower bed this year yet. It's a disaster zone.

Major DIY zone in the making ahead.




A collection of birdhouses and junk has been accumulating with no rightful home as yet. This poor garden is desperate.


And here's the vegetable garden. Yum yum...

Yes, I consider a beautifully planted veggie garden DIY art. But rather than just show pretty pictures of lettuce, I'll teach you something along the way.


And all my endless unpainted trim. And non treated stairs. Yes, I own plain wood stairs. I can hear you already, don't you worry.

We mowed the lawn and I managed to get some pruning done yesterday. But not enough by a long shot.


A couple weeks ago, we started the cleanup with pressure washing as a first step.


Such a boy. :)

Well, I won first dibs at using the wand. Because I said so.


Well, there was a reason I went first. I like starting with the patio and like to spray the works, including the roof above my head. Rather hard to reach for the boy.


I LOVE a spotless patio! And an excuse to go first.



before #1 - meet my patio, the outdoor workshop/storage unit


This is before #2 in the making.  Sooo purdy! But bare. Oh so bare. We want an outdoor living room this summer rather than a typical table and chairs.


I like to drag all kinds of riff raff out on the lawn and hit it with the pressure washer as well.


So everything is now nice and clean but there's lots of stylin' to do. I honestly just propped that pallet up off the lawn so we could mow, but then my wheels started turning. Maybe.... thinking here. Can you see what I see? Go ahead, guess. :)



The woodshed got cleaned up too and is just waiting for pretty flowers to dress it up.


And it looks like we have sun this week! So this is likely what we'll be messing with throughout the weekend. 

Remember when I announced a summer dream yard link party? Remember to take those ikky before photos like I just did so we can see some major pretty happening!


Oh. And something HUGE  happened next door yesterday!



Miss Janette got her cupboards delivered and installed! Oh my word just wait till you see. I was clickin' away in between our own stuff.

 I also took photos of my cutie pie pets for this weekend's SNS theme.

So.. lots of fun ahead!

Many of you are debating on kicking off the summer from blogging. Some are already doing it. If that's what it takes to get your work done, by all means, do it!

I've chosen a different route. I won't sit in front of a computer on a gorgeous day wondering what on earth to blog about. I'll be getting OFF the computer to go get productive. Not only will that give me material to write about, I won't miss a thing outdoors nor on the blogfront.

Struggling with upcoming summer content? Easy. Get off the computer and go make it. Outdoors!

What's keeping you busy these days? 
Have you been trying to head outdoors as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment