Tuesday, May 17, 2011

More Boys' Room Inspiration~

I have to be honest, decorating children's rooms is my favorite part of designing.  I like the freedom that comes with not having to take things so seriously.  With being able to add a good dose of whimsy to a space.  Children's rooms are just plain fun. 

So when I know that I get to redo the kids rooms, like I will in our upcoming move, I spend inordinate amounts of time planning and daydreaming about the spaces.

Of course, this time around I have some practical issues to contend with as well...like fitting three boys in one room.  I shared my dreams of a bunkroom in this post, but I also have to realize that the room the boys are moving into won't allow a huge built-in bunk space.  So I have been searching online for bunkbeds with trundles, and other bunk inspiration.  And that's when I found the new line from Restoration Hardware. (Okay, just so you all know...Restoration Hardware is not paying me for this post...this is just me...having some serious infatuation with their new products...)

Holy darling stuff, Batman!  I admit that I got excited when I found out a couple of years ago, that RH was starting a line for babies.  And I liked it.  But I wasn't wild about it - everything was pink, green or blue with polkadots or stripes- that's it.  So even though I received their emails, I didn't often take the time to read them.  Until this week when I saw the one with the picture of the bunkbeds.  I didn't know RH made bunkbeds, so I clicked on it.  And fell in love.

I am big into a soft-industrial look, especially for the boys' room...so these spaces are all right up my alley.

I love the zinc-finished wall pockets and the storage behind the bed.

Here I am in love with the bedding....and the vintage lockers. 

I would live at the beach if I could, so nautical rooms are always a favorite.

I love the stencil letters on the wall...and check out those cute floor pillows.

So much inspiration in one room.  I love the vintage school chairs and the table with the metal top (I'm seriously considering getting a metal-topped table for our dining room- virtually kid proof.)

I love the metal storage baskets, and the amusement park art.

I adore this menswear-inspired bedding.  When we moved into our last house, I was determined to find menswear-look bedding for the boys room...not as easy as it might sound.  And now, here it is.... hmmm.

Lovin' the locker-style desk and the ticking stripe bedding.  And those cute vintage clipboards used as frames!
This room is just plain soothing. 

A leather headboard....don't know if I dare with my crazy kiddos...but I love it.

And here's the bunkbed that caught my eye.  Lovin' the dark stain...and the heaviness of the piece.  It even has a trundle.  Alas, I think the pricetag might be a bit rich for my blood.  But a girl can dream, can't she?
So I'm off to plot and plan for the boys' room some more...I'm having too much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment