Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Bunk Rooms: Shared Space Inspiration~

As I mentioned in this post, we are moving.  And in the move, we are going to be downsizing.  So all of my boys are going to be sharing a room.  I have been wanting to build a bunkroom for ages...and this gives me the perfect excuse opportunity.

So today I want to share a few bunk room ideas from my inspiration files...

I love the nautical theme in this bedroom and the  "porthole" window near the lower bunk.
Stonebreaker Builders & Remodelers traditional kids

I love the built-in beds, the drawers underneath for added storage...the "wainscotting" molding on the sides of the beds.  Perfection.
Shingle style home in Hanover NH traditional bedroom

In this room, I'm in love with the sconce above the top bunk and the planked walls. mmmmm.
Bunkroom contemporary kids

Although not technically "bunks", I love the built-in cubbies for each bed...and the curtains for privacy.
Bunk Room eclectic kids

This room has amazing use of space...love the built-in bookcases and workstations on each side of the bed ( although that top bunk needs a higher safety railing, if you ask me.)
kids room traditional kids

This room had me at "hello". I love the putty colored built-ins. The stairs/ladder is pure perfection. And I simply adore the addition of the built-in bookcases at the head of each bed.
More This

I have been enamoured of this bunk space for a long time. I love the juxtaposition of industrial elements with feminine elements (and that oversized photo is amazing!) Of course, remove the butterflies and the twinkle light "chandelier" and this space could work just as well for a group of crazy boys like mine.

All rooms above via Houzz.com

This is perhaps my favorite bunk room image of all time. It's from BHG, and I've had it in my inspiration photos since, well, I've lost track of how long it's been there. I love EVERYTHING about this room. The bunks are amazing, the built-in workstations are inspired, the colors are perfect.  Now to figure out how something like this can translate to a smaller space. Ohhhhh the possibilities.
via BHG



Sure does give me a lot to think about.  Whether you have kiddos or not, I hope that you've been able to gather a little inspiration from this set of shared spaces too!

Have a great day~

No comments:

Post a Comment