Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Family Room Redesign Inspiration~

I recently had the privilege of working on a family room redesign virtual consultation for one of my fabulous readers, Kelli.  So today I thought I'd share with you the mood board that I created for her.
Kelli loves earth tones but has an infatuation with turquoise at the moment.  She has a lovely family room with a beautiful fireplace, high ceilings and fabulous windows.  I used brown as the base of the palette and added in a warm gold, a bit of red, and her beloved turquoise. I chose to bring the turquoise in with accessories because those are the easiest things to change if a color suddenly loses its charm.

I love the Chang Mai Dragon pillows from Willa Skye Home...they weren't actually the inspiration for the palette, but they could have been.  They tie the whole thing together beautifully. 

The Tuscan Bookcase from Ballard Designs will offer tons of storage.  I suggested that Kelli use baskets on the lower shelves to hide toys. 

Both artwork selections are also from Ballard Designs.  I especially love the abstract piece entitled Blue Reflection.  It's more contemporary which Kelli loves, and it incorporates the blues and golds from the room's palette in such an inviting way.

The curtains are Dupioni Silk  - which gives them a lovely sheen - and are from Pottery Barn.

I grounded the room with the brown Fallon Rug from Rugstudio.  I love the addition of the graphic trellis pattern.

I can't wait to see the finished product!

If you're interested in a virtual design consultation you can find out more about my e-design services here.

Have a great day~

No comments:

Post a Comment