Monday, May 9, 2011

There Were Mother's Days When I Wished For Jewelry...Not This Year!

This Mother's Day I hoped for a mop. Yes, that's right. No jewelry please, what would make this mom extremely happy would be a cleaning device, thank you very much.


And I got it. Early Mother's Day I was awaken to see a box containing Shark's Steam Pocket Mop sitting on the kitchen nook table. And what did I do, as I sipped on a cup of hot coffee? Unwrap that baby, quickly scan the directions and begin mopping.


Exhibit A: Dirty Floor

I couldn't wait to see if it worked on my floors. I'd read several very mix reviews, ranging from love to it's being taken back to the store, but I was hoping to see for myself. (Plus I'd heard rave reviews from a neighbor and saw how great her floors looked at a recent party!)


Exhibit B: Clean Floors!

Twenty minutes later all the hardwood flooring in my house was clean. And that is a lot of hardwood. Previously the only way I had found to get the flooring this clean was to wipe them down while on my hands and knees, taking many times longer and sore knees being part of the result. (I would put off this task until I couldn't stand it another second!)


Even Isabella was excited to give it a try.


LOVE


And my review? While the result does fall slightly short of the old method requiring hours I simply don't have, it does a job I'm thrilled with. The floors look and feel so clean! And despite many complaints that the device leaves streaks behind, perhaps because my floors are hand-scraped distressed floors, I didn't find this to be a problem at all.

Next on the Mother's Day agenda, now that my floors were clean? Breakfast in bed!


The menu selections...yum!


What more could a mom ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment