Saturday, May 7, 2011

Bold Pattern, It Needn't Be Controversial

The topic of this week's Ideabook written for Houzz is 10 Places To Go Bold With Pattern, from surfaces requiring a serious commitment to small accessories if you are feeling a bit shy. To read, click here.
Writing this Ideabook reminded me of another, 10 Ways to Make a Room Bloom, in which I suggested that introducing floral prints into a design could add a touch of Spring all year long. The below living room, by Lisa of A Bloomsbury Life, was included among several other examples. What followed took me by surprise. Sure the look is not everyone's cup of tea, but people were actually getting upset over her choices!

Living room eclectic living room

Lisa Borgnes Giramonti of A Bloomsbury Life

The comments got me to thinking about how fast disagreements, even over our interiors, can escalate. My husband and I talked at length on this subject, which lead me to contact Lisa about including her home in a story I was feeling inspired to write for House of Fifty, 'Can't We All Just Get Along?' Being a person who doesn't care much if others don't love her choices, she quickly agreed. Bravo, that is the spirit! After the magazine went live I particularly enjoyed reading Lisa's post on the article and how it came about...I'm convinced she would be a fun person to meet.


'Cant' We All Just Get Along?' House of Fifty {page58}

I'm thinking this week's Ideabook will not elicit such strong responses...but then again, I certainly didn't think a sweet little Ideabook on including floral prints in our homes would either!

No comments:

Post a Comment