Monday, May 9, 2011

Martha Stewart Border Tutorial


Beaded Arcs, Modern Garland, Deco Shells, Rings, Embossed Scroll, String Lace,
Scallop 3 Dot, Swirling Lace, Daisy Dot, Rain Drop, Double Loop


Yesterday I was cleaning out some of my drawers with "scrap" paper.  I had a lot of one inch strips of white card stock and decided to use some of my Martha Stewart border punches to create borders for later use.  For some reason, I decided to turn one around and see if I could create a border on both sides.  Wow!  It worked.  I have taken a picture of eleven different borders created with different Martha Stewart punches and thought I would share them with you. The above list shows name of each punch used in order going from left to right.

To create these perfectly matched borders, start with a 1" strip of card stock.  Line one end up to the end of the border punch.  Punch the length of the card stock then flip it over so you can start on the same end as you began -- see photo above.  You really need to make sure you start punching exactly the same spot to get the design to match up, so lining it up with the edge of the punch is an easy way to do that.  When you do line them up exactly the same on each side, the design will match perfectly.  I had so much fun creating something useful out of those small strips of card stock. 

 If you have a lot of those narrow strips of card stock you would like to use, hope you will find this tutorial useful.  If you would like to purchase any of the punches I used above, you can order them from Joan's Gardens.

I want to remind you to go over to Joan's Gardens and vote for your favorite tag.  I will be posting a new tag for the challenge that begins tomorrow.  Hope you will join us in the fun.,

No comments:

Post a Comment