Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Boycott That Occurred In My House

I liked the color, a great coral called Charisma. The powder bathroom was certainly lacking any traces of that characteristic and I was yearning for a wonderful pop of fabulous color in this room.


But as soon as the paint covered the walls the boycott began. The kids would come home from school, rush to find a bathroom, only to skid to a stop yelling out, "I'm not going into that room!"


So I asked my husband. "What do you think?"

"Did you see my reaction when I went in", he replied, insinuating the answer was obvious.

"No, I missed that."

"Here, let me reenact the moment."



Hilarious. I get your point.

So I stepped out into garage to see if there was a quick fix and spied a nearly full can of Quietude. Exactly what was required to calm this family down.


As soon as a big swatch of the new color was painted, the thank yous and the happy dances began.


Must they be so dramatic. It's just paint for goodness sake.


I myself liked the color. I had even planned on adding a wash for a subtle striae effect and to add depth.



But peace within the family is more important, (not to mention accessible bathrooms)..and I do like the Quietude. Now I just need to run the new color to the ceiling. Or perhaps I'll skip that and just add some crown molding!


And I still like the idea of adding a wash, to add depth. 
But good grief, decorating has apparently become a democratic process in my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment