Friday, October 9, 2009

Revisiting My Fireplace Redesign

This fireplace wall transformation has been so much fun to share at linky parties, today it's also heading over to Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps On The Porch.

A couple weeks ago I linked the original post to Hooked On Houses, a post written about my fireplace transformation while working on my Kitchen & Family Room Redesign several months ago. Seeing this post again reminded me how much I LOVE the way my fireplace wall project turned out. So much so that I thought the project was worth another visit with this post.

Now watch the transformation. Here is the before.


And the scene after removing the fireplace mantel and tile surround.


One day while Max was at school I decided I could take on the job of removing the original mantel and tile. By the time he returned home all traces of these were gone, leaving some nice holes in the wall.

When he saw what I had done he cried out, "OH NO, OH NO, THAT'S BAD, THAT'S BAD!" Suddenly I saw what I had done through his four year old eyes. He knew if he ever attempted anything remotely close to what I had just done...well, he probably couldn't even wrap his mind around how much trouble he would be in!

Next, some repair work.



This is where I turned it over to the pros. New tile is installed and the surrounding cabinetry is prepped for paint.



Priming and Painting...



New flooring and the fabulous new mantel...



Decorating and it's done! Beyond delighted, I'd do it over again in a heartbeat...


No comments:

Post a Comment