Sunday, October 18, 2009

Artists at play - our weekend



I cannot WAIT to dive into all those wonderful links you've all left over this weekend for



Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special



Did you miss it? Feel free to continue to link up as I won't be naming a winner for another day or two.  I knew I should have named this gig Weekend Bash... :) may have to change it... LOL

What's the holdup you ask? My son and I have had a very busy weekend helping our artist friend Dan with his workshop. I've been sneaking to the nearest computer while there to approve comments and peek at the growing list of links of course. :) And am currently home for about 2 hours while my son does some homework. But we'll be back again tonite for abit. So watch for some highlights and a winner, soon!



Here's my little artist hard at work dremeling the edges of a CNC routered letter sample that he's yet to paint up. The first picture looks like he's painting a playdoh project, however it's a substance that works much like playdoh yet is rock hard by next AM allowing you to paint. And he is having a blast!



And well, you know me... my project just has to be related to my artistic thang in some small way so I brought over a chair that needed some enhancing. :) I did up a sign sample too but will bring a headboard there tonite to work on that. Oh and I was scrounging on the floor near the welder and found all kinds of cool rusty metal bits that I put together for a funky wall hanging I may do up yet. I'd love the extra welding experience and of course the extra rust... Oh oh oh.... I'll bring some hinges I have an idea for...

Ok, hold yer paintbrushes me... nevermind... back to the homework thing I'm suppose to be helping with here...

So, keep linking up! I'll update on the party as soon as I can. :)

Hope all of you had a weekend filled to the brim with wonderful new inspiration. We sure did, thanks to the workshop AND your links!!


No comments:

Post a Comment