Sunday, October 11, 2009

Decorating Dilemma and a winner~

Hello my dear readers!

I hope you all are enjoying this long weekend! It certainly is nice to have the kiddos home for a day and not have to worry about timelines and busses and fussing! But today, I do have a dilemma. A dilemma of the decorating kind.

This is my living room. Although this photo was taken last year, the room remains basically the same. And it is up for a redo. Yep! I'm sick of the living room. Of course, since I suffer from a severe case of frugal OCD (obsessively consumed with decorating) that shouldn't come as a surpise. The living room redo will probably take a while to complete, but in the meantime, as you can see in the photo... something is missing. Anyone care to guess what it is? Somewhere to set your book, or your glass, or your (gasp!) feet. This room is in dire need of a coffee table.

This is where my dilemma lies. I've been in the market for a coffee table for some time. I've been waffling back and forth about what kind of table to get...



Photo from Pottery Barn

Perhaps an ottoman? Nice and soft for little kiddos. Great extra seating in a pinch. But you really have to have a tray if you want to set food or drink down on it (not that we have food or drink in the living room often, but it does happen.)


Photo from Pottery Barn

Or perhaps a round table. I really like this idea. No corners to bump your shins on. A great shape for a family to play games around. They do take up quite a bit of space, however, and my room isn't THAT big.


Photo from The Swedish Chair
I just love all things swedish. And I adore painted furniture. This piece is fun because it is unique. I love the idea of the drop leaves. Need a bigger table? No sweat. But it doesn't have to take up that much space all the time.


A trunk is a good idea. This piece is already in my space. But as you can see it sits against the wall. I worry that it might be a little small though.
Something unique. A little cottagy, but with a touch of urban sophistication. Painted preferably, but an unexpected finish would be good too. I've got a very stylish friend who made a large coffee table with a galvanized top. It's awesome. Hmmmmmmmm....do you see my dilemma? So readers...any great ideas? I'm open to suggestions.

And just so you all know I haven't forgotten, the winner of the lovely necklace from Pampering Beki is Amanda at Tin Roof Junkie! Congratulations Amanda! Drop me an email and we'll get you all set up!!
And don't forget the Frugal Friday Linky Party here on Friday!!! Get your Frugal OCD posts ready to go!!
Have a great Monday~

No comments:

Post a Comment