Thursday, October 15, 2009

The mothership of opportunity has flown in!

I said YES.


If you've followed my passion series recently, you know that we've been talking about finding that true passionate thing that your heart yearns to do.

(I can't believe I said YES!)

The quaint little village I live in has something that's called a Christmas Craft Crawl. All the crafty home spun artisian types of small businesses in the area group together for one weekend to bring the community closer to what our precious little town has to offer right on our own doorstep. A map of sorts is created so the visitors can visit one business to the next. Sign up was this week.



Today, I took a big step. Did I tell you?!? I said yes. Yes, I want to be a part of this. Because I have this incredible need to create for others. To show the intense joy I get by merely creating something out of nothing. I really need to do this. Because it's the single driving force within me that I can't hush any longer. In fact, I can't stop talking about it to others. I've bonded with the dream and now it's time to implement. I AM doing this.

The show takes place in a month's time. Sounds simple enough, yes? An exsisting business can do abit of cleanup, open their door and off they go. I could only wish my list were that easy to accomplish. Basically put, I need to set up a new business in the scope of 1 month.

On my to-do list in muttering rambling form...


sneak peek of my Saturday linky project!

- prime and paint many MANY long overdue projects with 5 inches of dust on them scattered throughout the house/workshop.

- primp and pretty things up - more pillows on the bed, tweak vignettes.. etc. x 1,000,000,000

- buy a colour printer

- print up in-house tour signs displaying before pictures on pieces



- get front entry tile finished (been 1.5 years now, think it's about time?!?)

- print up a small portfolio in book form for guests to view

- learn photoshop pronto

- get my new logo designed up

- get my new 'professional' blog up and running with actual features and info with new undesigned logo of course

- inhale... exhale... slowly so I don't pass out

- brochures... cards..

- sandwhich board sign that'll really shine as I'm off the main drag in town

- front garden weeded

- front door primed and painted my new gorgeous black coffee colour already chosen



- move ugly travel trailer to the side of my house (this one is NOT for the faint of heart)

- curtains hung (that I don't yet have)



- flip my garage into a workshop (check! see above? ohhhh it was nasty for awhile... I'll do a before and after on it very soon)



- trim colour finished on the exterior...

Need I go on here?!?

One more. Because it's a doozy.


Christmas 2008

- decorate early for Christmas to the HILT amid the dust/primer/paint.

I said yes today. So I'm going be totally focused on stroking off those list items.

I'm going to tell you something. Everything has been lining up for this. Right down to my iphone I chose when my crappy one that did nothing died. I've been making decisions for a very long time to do this without even realizing the end result. When I look back, I shake my head in amazement. It was as if this plan was implemented LONG before I even knew about it... know what I'm saying here?!? Do you know my story about how my house reno came about? If not, I'll have to share that with you sometime very soon.

I just know there are a few procratinators out there wishing and dreaming they could somehow make their own passions come to full colour in their lives. So I'm going to take you on this little journey of flipping the love of my life hobby into my career, in hopes of inspiring you to do the very same.

Your world is waiting out there. Are you doing something about it? Follow along with me and let's see if we can't do something about that.

My house as my porfolio. Oh my goodness gracious. I'll have to move out...



P.S. Pick up the button on the right side widget and spread the word! See you tomorrow at the Saturday Nite Special linky par-tay!! (that I CAN do quick like...)


No comments:

Post a Comment