Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Dressing my nest~

There is a lot of truth to the assumption that we dress our homes in much the same way as we dress ourselves. I have always loved neutrals. I graduated with a degree in Fashion Merchandising. I remember one specific class in college where we were discussing colors, and focusing, in particular on "neutral" colors. One of the girls in my class made a comment about how she loved all of the neutral colors in my wardrobe. I had never really noticed until that moment just how drawn to neutrals I am. Whites, beiges, tans, grays, blacks.

And now, a couple of years later (that's my story, and I'm sticking to it), my house is dressed in neutrals as well.

Of course, I do like to throw in a pop of color here and there. Take these fun shoes, for example. A girl's gotta love a red pair of shoes. And these sweet little things were made extra special by the fact that they were on extreme clearance at one of my favorite stores. (Tar-jay to be exact). So home they came.



And that brings me to the remainder of my story. I just love the ruffle and button detail on these shoes. I mean really love it. And I began to wonder how it might translate into a pillow. (Because no matter how I try to focus on other things...my mind always comes back eventually to home decor.) So this is what I came up with.



How I love this pillow. A little less feminine than the shoes, but still with a ruffle and a button. AND made from men's suiting fabric - that's my favorite part - so that it's a little bit masculine as well. Ah, sweet success. Can a person love a pillow? Well, I think I'm in love with this one. If you like it as well, it's listed now in my Etsy.


And to think, it's all because I decided that I had to add a little pop of color to my neutral wardrobe. Do you decorate like you dress?


Don't forget tomorrow is the Frugal Friday Linky Party. For you night owls, MckLinky will go up tonight at midnight EST. Can't wait to see what you all have up your sleeve this time!!!

Have a great Thursday~

No comments:

Post a Comment