Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Table Choice - Living Room Redesign


This was the discussion which lead to a table decision.

"Okay," I said to my husband, "here's the deal. If I go with custom and the table gets scratched, and it will because it's going to get a lot of use, I'll be upset because I've scratched such a nice table, and I'll be more upset because it was the more costly option."

"Okay, here's the deal. If I go with the Sonoma and the table gets scratched, and it will because it's going to get a lot of use, I'll be upset because I've scratched such a nice table, but I'll be less upset because it was the less costly option."

His response, "Then you've made your decision."


(I'd have to say he's becoming a pretty good design assistant! Ha.)

And with that I picked up the phone and ordered the Sonoma Table. Yes, having a beautiful custom table created for me by Phil Culbertson would have been fabulous, but in the end we decided this was not the best place to have something so special made. This table needs to be used with ease, from my work, to the kids playing board games, to people sitting around socializing. I think this choice is a great compromise between function, style and price.

Plus, the savings can be used to completely finish the space. When you look at it from this angle it is a no brainer...so now on to lighting, paint, pillows and refinishing the console.

What design decision have you made lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment