Thursday, October 22, 2009

Frugal Friday~

With only one week left to go until Halloween (I don't know about you, but these things just seem to come around faster every year) I thought I'd share a few more inexpensive Halloween/Autumn decor ideas.


First up, this sweet candy corn garland. I posted about the ins and outs of making one of these babies here. But Ms. Susie has a great tutorial here. Just know that your fingers will be VERY sticky by the time you are done making this...of course, it really looks festive hanging on a chandelier, so it's worth it.


Next up, my literary pumpkin. Again, this is an idea from my archives that I posted about here. I just love these little guys. I am NOT into gory Halloween decor, so this happy fellow fits the bill just fine. Remove the construction paper face after the holiday, and you have a unique sculptural piece for the bookcase!



And finally, the beauty of autumn flora. Cut some autumn berries and place them in a clear pitcher of water. So simple, but 100% autumn.


I love, love, love this idea. Nestle some sugar pumpkins in a basket with dried hydrangea. Unexpectedly gorgeous!

And you can liven up your window boxes/baskets by stuffing them with seasonal gourds and fall leaves. Here's a little hint: fake leaves from the dollar store look realistic from a distance, keep their color even in the rain, and don't dry out and get crunchy.


Have a great weekend~

No comments:

Post a Comment