Saturday, October 17, 2009

More Children's Art + Furnishing A Landing


A few years ago I picked up this large canvas at another Aaron Brothers sale for Isabella to have her hand at painting. Fun! Painting has since become a favorite project for both Max & Isabella.


It hangs in the landing at the top of the stairs, an oddly large spot which puzzled me when first visiting the house. I recall telling our realtor, "What wasted space!" I have to admit I was wrong.


This spot is perfect for the Blanca Settee, a floor model I found at Pottery Barn last year. It was in perfect condition and priced at nearly a third of the original cost. Later I went online and found it listed at full price. What a deal!! The yellow Ikat fabric looks great with the painting...and what really impresses me? Look how the fabric design lines up perfectly between the frame and cushion. Good job PB!


The kids read here, and it's a great place to lay things that need to be put away or taken downstairs. Clean laundry gets placed here for the kids to take into their rooms. Yes, it's a good (rare) day when they actually remember to put it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment