Monday, October 19, 2009

A Place of Her Own~

Do you have a place you can call your own? I don't mean your house...or even your bedroom. I mean YOUR place. The spot where you can go to escape the world. Where you can create. Where you can daydream. Where you can stash your creative supplies...your books...your magazines. Whatever it is that feeds your muse. (Or just helps you relax.) Do you have that spot?

This chair is the closest thing I have to a space for me...in my whole house. Sad, but true. (Good reading light, though, and very comfy so I can't complain about that!)
But this girl has dreams. I have dreams of an office/studio all my own. Where I can close the doors and be alone with the part of me who designs and creates and dreams.


Someday I'm going to have that space. But for now, with 4 kiddos and three bedrooms, that space IS just a dream.



I've been thinking of creating a studio of sorts out of an old armoire. Painting it a happy color...a robin's egg blue or a crisp, clean white. Outfitting it with cubbies and storage and desk space. I think that an old armoire might be just the solution I'm searching for in my not quite palatial surroundings.
And so, my dear readers, do you have a space all your own? Do you have any ideas for creating a space all your own where no space exists? Tell me what you think...
Have a great Tuesday~

No comments:

Post a Comment