Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Inspire-Me Thursday~

It's been a while since I've done one of my Inspire-Me posts, so I thought it was about time.

I'm constantly on the lookout for inspiration for my bedroom. It seems to be a never-ending work in progress. But my research does yield some wonderful eye candy. Thought I'd share some pretty rooms with you all today....hope you enjoy!


Things I love about this room....that fabulous damask wallpaper, the mirror above the bed ( I can't tell if it's Venetian or not, but I love the shape), and the soothing neutral palette with that little punch of pink.



This room is over-the-top feminine. I love it. The hubby, not so much. But it has more of that damask wallpaper...subtler this time, but just as fabulous. I adore the upholstered headboard, the dressmaker's form and the aubusson rugs over the sisal. The layering is perfection!





This room intrigued me because of its rustic simplicity. The beadboard is delicious. The repetition of the three floral prints above the bed hanging from ribbons and knobs adds serenity.




I'm a sucker for pale on pale color schemes. This bedroom is...simply...dreamy.

Always on the lookout for great children's rooms too. I love this one because it has a perfect balance between whimsy and sophistication.

Not so into the bedding in this room, but I am intrigued by the idea of hanging a print OVER a mirror.


I love this room for the mix of rustic and elegant. The chandelier, the settee, the upholstered bed against the plank walls. Very intriguing.


All images from Country Living
This room appealed to me on many levels. Love the ticking. Love the blue. Love the mirror. The embroidered linens scattered about give the room a feeling of history...plus, I just love me a monogram!

So much to think about.
Have a great Thursday~

No comments:

Post a Comment