Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Light Fixture Happiness

Early this past Saturday morning my husband called out, "A big box is on the front porch."

It was the fixture I had just ordered from Shades of Light...I'd let it sit out on the porch all night long?! Anyone could have taken it. Though I would have been just a bit suspicious if one of my neighbors suddenly had a Riveria Lantern hanging in their home.


If left to his own devices, Roscoe would have eaten the fixture for breakfast.


My husband saved it from that threat and proceeded with his role in the decorating game. He long ago accepted the fact that when a new fixture arrives it's his job to hold it up in the room. I am impatient and must see a preview of things to come.


Then I had to wait a whole day to install it. If you read my tweets you know I bought my Dad lunch as a bribe to get him to help hang the fixture...but who ended up on the ladder?! Once installed, we checked to make sure I had wired it properly.


Then the ivory fabric shade was added...no orange glow! The lines and finish of the lantern are a perfect compliment to the space.


In the evening the room glows beautifully.


However, there is just one problem...do you see it?

No comments:

Post a Comment