Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Last Minute Halloween Project~

I remember as a child loving the fact that I had a dedicated Trick-or-Treat bag to use when I canvassed the neighborhood on All Hallow's Eve in search of sugary treasures. Now, I have nothing against those plastic pumpkins that so many tiny goblins use to stash their goodies. In fact, that's what my kiddos have used in the past. But this year, I thought it would be nice to give them their own Trick-or-Treat bags.

Three of my four kiddos were sick yesterday, so I thought this might be a good project to entertain them, since they had to do little more than sit around and watch mom. The Princess did help me by playing "Vanna" and displaying our supplies for you.


First thing needed...designs to put on the bags. I found the three sweet vintage images on The Graphics Fairy blog (so many great images there)! Mr. One wanted something more spooky, so we found a free skull and crossbones clip art to use for his bag.


Second...you will need to get some photo transfer paper. My favorite brand (because it works the best of all the brands I've tried - hands down) is Avery. Simply print the images on the transfer paper with your ink jet printer. Just remember if your image has text on it, you will need to reverse the image first. (notice the "Trick or Treat" graphic third from the left.)

Finally, you will need a canvas tote bag. These can be purchased inexpensively at your local craft store.
Then just follow the instructions you find on the transfer paper box. That's it. Easy peasy.


The fun thing about this project is that the bags are one of a kind! And with the different designs for each kiddo, there won't be any fighting over whose candy is whose. Hooray for that !


Have a great Wednesday~

No comments:

Post a Comment