Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Advent-Calendar Box

Hello everyone!

I first saw this version of an advent calendar while I was blog-hopping and landed on Nixe-Moni’s blog. She’s made a couple of them. I saw their pictures in one of her slideshows. I couldn’t find any details and/or instructions, as I couldn’t find their actual postings. But this is similar to Kirsten ‘box-with-4-drawers’. You just have to increase the box from a single-level to a 6-level box. Ouch! Nixe-Moni’s box is smaller, looks to me like it has a base 5-inch square. As I already have Kirsten’s tutorial for her box with a 6-inch square base, I stuck with her measurements. Okay then, it took me more than a week to do this. Phew!!! Here it is:




The top of the box is decorated using the wonderful sketch of Carole from Friday Sketchers.

All the images I used here are from Magnolia. This one is called Waiting Tilda. I was wondering why she is called that, but now I know. Tilda is waiting for Christmas to arrive. It makes perfect sense to me now. LOL.



Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog, their theme is “A Special Card or Project with Numbers on it". Well, this is an advent calendar, so the drawers are marked with the 24 dates in December before Christmas.

Challenge 38 of Lili of the Valley is to make A Christmas Card for a Child. I don't know if this qualifies or not--it's not actually a card. Ladies, maybe you can consider this one really TALL card, hee hee. But it's the perfect gift for a child. You can fill each drawer with a daily treat: a piece of candy, chocolate, jelly beans (hmm...do they have 24 different flavors of these?), sours, etc. (include a new toothbrush with the gift, LOL).

Over at Stamp Something, it's their "Bling it" Somethings! challenge. I've added lots of blings on the top part of the box.
And this is my entry for the Simon Says Stamp Contest 2 at Paper Craft Planet. The challenge is to make something, anything BUT a card - and make it a Christmas gift for someone close to you!

Here are pictures of the 4 different sides:

This image is Lazy Summer Tilda from the Lazy Summer Days Collection.


This one is Tilda with Candle from the Holiday 2008 Collection.


Amor Tilda from the Love Collecttion


And Tilda with Wreath from the Christmas 2007 Collection.


All the DP's I used are from the Basic Grey Wassail Collection: Laurel Leaves, Cranberry Sauce, Snow Dust and Merry Happy.
The drawer knobs are Lara's Crafts wooden button plugs 1/4"--I bought them at Michaels .

That's all folks. Hope you like this one. Thanks for visiting and any comment will be much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment