Thursday, October 15, 2009

enjoy life

Happy Thursday!

A last summer card of the year for me (I think). It took longer for me to do this card than I thought it would. There were a couple of images from this year's Magnolia Lazy Summer Days collection that I haven't used and I wanted to make a card featuring both of them on it, so I thought a tri-shutter card would do the trick. I've had this idea in my head since I first saw pictures of the images, but just got around to doing the card this week. (Tutorial for this can be found at Bonnie's The Craftiblog.)


This card is my entry for a few challenges:


The front for the card was designed using this sketch from Passion of Promarkers. The challenge is to use this sketch provided by Gina and I can use any colours.


When I fold the card, you only see the front of it:

The colour scheme was chosen from 2 blogs with similar colour challenges (lucky there, how often does that happened, eh? LOL):

Stamping for the Weekend's. For this challenge we have a colour combo, which screams 'THE END OF SUMMER IS HERE!'....Orange, Brown and Leafy Green.

Roses on Paper. For their Challenge 22--choose a sketch from another challenge blog PLUS use the Fall-ish colors of Orange, Brown and Green!

When I flattened the card, this is the full view:


I actually do have stamps (wood block and clear ones) with the 3 sentiments that I used on this card, but the size and the arrangement of the words weren`t to my liking, so I computer-generated these ones.

The cobblestone at the bottom of Tilda and Edwin`s feet are from an Alota Side Wall and Window stamp--some masking done here.

Enjoy your day!

Stamps: Magnolia Tilda with Bike, Bike Edwin, Great Impressions (small trio flowers), Alota Side Wall and Window.DP`s: Recollections Chelsea Garden, KI Memories Choices Collection Organized Tailgait.Tools: Marvy Uchida scalloped-edged punches.






No comments:

Post a Comment