Thursday, June 16, 2011

Frugal Friday~

Welcome to this week's Frugal Friday!  First, I want to thank everyone for the birthday love this week!  You all made my birthday lovely! 

Next, I have to be a bit of a Debbie Downer...which I hate to do on the blog.  But, I have something that needs addressing about the Frugal Friday linky party. 

Most of you that link up are wonderful about sticking to "the rules".  But there are a few who aren't.  I've been pretty lenient about letting those posts remain up because there weren't very many, but I've noticed that there seem to be more and more of them.  Because I want Frugal Friday to be a place of  inspiration for my readers, I feel like I finally have to address the problem. 

First, if the post you want to link to the party is really nothing more than a glorified advertisement (for your shop,  your own link party, or just your blog), I will remove it.  Second, if your post has nothing to do with DIYs, decorating, entertaining, recipes, etc.  please refrain from posting it.  Frugal Friday posts should inspire my readers with things they can do themselves or give them ideas for projects.  This is not a forum to discuss your personal feelings about things.  Neither is it a place to link up your vacation pics etc.  Those things are great, but they aren't for this party. 

Please also use common courtesy and link back to The Shabby Nest.  I will not remove your post if it doesn't link back, but not linking back shows a lack of blog etiquette.  Okay, 'nuff said.  I really hate to be negative at all, but since Frugal Friday is such a fun place to visit, I want to keep it that way.  I know you all understand.

Soooo, now that I'm off my soap box, here are a few of my favorite posts from last week for this week's Frugal Round-up...

First up, I Design shared her FABULOUS stone wall.  I just love this!  Such great texture and movement. 


Next, My Hydrangea Home shared her pretty laundry room reno.  This room would almost make doing laundry enjoyable...almost. ;-)


Clean & Scentsible shared her cute and workable Kitchen Command Center.


Finally, Dwelling Room Interiors shared a great Aged Metal Letter tutorial.  Love these!!


Now it's your turn...

Your know "da rules"...

1. Please link directly to your post and not just to your blog.
2. Please link back the Shabby Nest (you can use the pretty new button on my side bar to make it easy.)
3. Please visit other participants and leave them comments!  Help them feel "the love!"


No comments:

Post a Comment