Tuesday, June 28, 2011

You vs. the computer; who's the boss?



Can you spot what's missing from this picture?

Excuse the bad photo, but it's nighttime and changes happen here 24/7.


Here's the shot you're use to seeing. 


 If you guessed my computer, you would be right. The Mac is currently residing in my downstairs office short term.

I'm having trouble with the wireless router staying online so I'm fiddling with things downstairs to see if I can improve the issue until my new router arrives.

The picture totally makes me smirk...


What do you think these two are thinking? Or saying to each other? Can two very different worlds AND generations get along?

First thing that came to mind would be them slingin' corny zingers...
:)

What's the result of the computer ALL THE WAY downstairs anyway?

I don't like it.

It's too far away from the action of everyday life. 

It's an effort to run downstairs and do stuff on.

I miss my crutch.

Crutch? Yeah. Crutch.

You see, since this thing's been out of sight, out of mind, I've been... doing stuff. Stuff other people without blogs do.

I love escaping online as an excuse to run from stuff I dislike. And I do it far too often.

Case in point. 

*I use to be able to keep up to the gardening outdoors. Reality check: I'm light years away from being remotely ready for summer. And it's already summer. Whoops...

*I use to envy those with clean homes and wonder how they do it. But I get it now. They have time to clean. Huh...

Scout's honor... my house has never been cleaner. I come around the corner and BAM.. Clean view + short term memory = where am I?!?

And I like it.

The moral here

Make sure you're living life, then bringing your stories online, rather than the other way around. 

If you're sitting in front of your computer stressing that you have nothing to blog about, you aren't living.

If you refuse to open your front door due to the mess to even a burglar, you aren't living.

Life, THEN a story. I think that's what blogging use to be all about, remember?

And you may even get a clean house out of the deal.
 downstairs



Do you let the net take over your life?

How do you fight the 'urge'?

Other blog tips can be found HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment