Monday, June 13, 2011

Why I Used to Think They Fly the Flag for Me~

Today is Flag Day.  A day where we, in the USA honor our flag.  Drive down any street in the country and you'll likely see a number of residents celebrating the flag today.  But when I was younger, I used to think that they were flying the flag for me.  Because Flag Day also happens to be my birthday.  Yep, today I celebrate another year under my belt.  Today I turn 39.  My last year as a 30-something.

I'd like to think that in those 39 years, I've gained a bit of wisdom here and there. 

So here are 39 bits of wisdom.  My gift to you on my 39th birthday...

1. Breathe.
2. Smile.
3. Believe that you have something great to offer.
4. Chase your dreams.
5. Tell your family you love them.
6. Treat your family like you love them.
7. Exercise makes you feel good.
8. Making your bed helps your whole house seem cleaner.
9. Don't dwell on the negative.
10. This too shall pass.
11. Be kind. 
12. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
13. Give compliments freely.
14. You only get to live each day once, do it right the first time.
15. Dressing up is good for you.
16. So is icecream.
17. Stop and smell the roses.
18. Listen to your children...even when you're busy.
19. Give credit where credit is due.
20. Stop at a lemonade stand.
21. Give anonymous service.
22. Always say thank you.
23. Work hard.
24. Play hard.
25. Dream big.
26. Never stifle a good instinct.
27. When you go out of the house without makeup, you will always run into someone.
28. Go barefoot whenever you can.
29. Hot baths are good for what ails you.
30. So is hot chocolate.
31. Dance to the music.
32. Sing.
33. Don't be afraid to try something new.
34. Failure often leads to later success.
35. You really are only as old as you feel.
36. You can do just about anything you set your mind to.
37. Be your best you, because someone is always looking to you as an example.
38. Nurture your creativity.
39. Celebrate the little things.

Thanks for visiting me here at The Shabby Nest!  You make my life a lot of fun!  Here's looking forward to another great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment